Internships for students
MPA offers internships for university students interested in astrophysics. Please note that the number of applications by far exceeds the number of internships we supervise.
- High school / Abitur – marks or Bachelor marks higher than average (please attach certificates (as PDF file) to your application)
- Interest in astrophysics; we are working on theoretical problems mainly
- Good computing and programming skills
- A minimum time schedule of 4 weeks.We do not accept applications for shorter periods.
- Contact us in time, a minimum of 2-3 months before you’d like begin your internship
Your application should be written in English and include:
- a cover letter (please include your expectations and whether you are interested in a special field of research)
- preferred period for the internship
- certificates if available (see above)
We are happy if you are interested in doing an internship at MPA and are looking forward to your application.
For an encrypted transfer of your application please use our Application Portal.
If you have any doubt or question about the internship program please write to
internship (at) mpa-garching.mpg.de
Beware that this email is not encrypted.
Although we process all of the applications, we like to note that we do not send rejection letters or feedback due to the large numbers.
You will only hear from us in case of admission to our internship program.