Internships for students
MPA offers internships for high school and university students interested in astrophysics. Please note that the number of applications by far exceeds the number of internships we supervise.
- High school / Abitur – marks or Bachelor marks higher than average (please attach certificates (as PDF file) to your application)
- Interest in astrophysics; we are working on theoretical problems mainly
- Good computing and programming skills
- A minimum time schedule of 4 weeks, anything less is not worth it!
- Contact us in time, a minimum of 2-3 months before you’d like begin your internship
We are happy if you are interested in doing an internship at MPA and are looking forward to your application. Please include your expectations and whether you are interested in a special field of research.
Send your application documents (cover letter, CV) as a PDF file (MS Office attachments will be rejected) to:
or on paper to our mailing address:
Max-Planck-Institut für Astrophysik